St. Francis Convent
COASTAL TOWER AND CONVENT
The coastal tower, located next to the Franciscan monastery, is in a strategic position that allows to easily communicate with the castle, the tower of St Mark and the Trentova -Tresino tower.
Its quadrangular shape, was built to protect the coast from attacks and raids of pirates. Next to the tower stands the Franciscan convent built by St. Francis in 1222; according to the legend, the saint, came to Agropoli, and since he was not being listened by the people, he would speak to the fish by declaring that the stumbling block, reported today by a cross, would have no longer been submerged by water.
The convent, completed in 1230, contains the Chapel of the Rosary and in 1800 welcomed the friars of the monastery of Teggiano.