THE HARBOR OF CILENTO
The harbor area is inhabited since the beginning of 1800 with the construction of 800 homes inspired by Byzantine architecture. It was once a small natural harbor, seen as a place of shelter and meeting place for the local sailors .
At the beginning of the 1900 the sailor village grew and thanks to the stairs that connect the fortress to the marina, was a place densely populated by a variety of cultures.
And ’60s that starts a steady development of the navy until, in the’ 70s, becomes marina offering welcome and hospitality to both tourists and boaters.
Nowadays, the harbor area is a central area for the City being the first port of Cilento and a leading one immediately after Salerno.